Monday, February 16, 2015

5 Ways To Know You Need To Slow Down

I did not realize I was living a fast paced life until I received certain signals from others around me in Italy. When I began to look around me, I realized I was multi tasking, stressed and definitely not living the Tuscan lifestyle I had envisioned. In fact I was even more restless in Italy then I had been in Los Angeles. After many years of observing and researching the Italian lifestyle, I learned and am learning the steps to live slower and simpler. 

I would say the first step to slowing down is knowing it is time to make some changes. The following are the five ways to know you need to slow down:

1. You speak fast.  Often times you do not let others finish speaking and you interrupt them. While speaking you are thinking about the next thing you have to do.  You are not attentively listening to the other person.

2. You walk fast.  You walk fast even if it is not for exercise purposes.  You don't know how to stroll. You are always in a hurry.

3. You multitask. You are constantly doing more then one activity at a time. You have not finished one thing before you start another. You multitask also in thoughts. You are doing one thing but thinking of another.

4. You eat fast and have poor eating habits.  You don't sit down at a table and slowly consume your meal. You usually do not chew your food at least 20 times before swallowing. You do not eat healthy meals. You don't take the time to drink at least 8 glasses of water daily.  You eat or drink standing up, on the go, or at your desk.

5. You cannot just BE. You find it difficult to just sit still and relax. You cannot be without an electronic gadget (computer, television, phone,etc). You become fidgety.

To learn more about taking the steps to living a slower and simpler lifestyle get my ebook 
"Living the Italian Lifestyle: A Self-improvement Program for Living a Slower, Simpler, More Fulfilling Life Anywhere"
www.livingtheitalianlifestyle.com

Get my ebook with audio and resources Living the Italian Lifestyle...Anywhere

No comments: