Thursday, November 20, 2014

Living Slowly Italian Style

Italians just know how to relax and rest. On my long train ride home in Tuscany  it was evident who the Italians were. They were the ones either chatting away, reading a novel, listening to music or sleeping. 

It was late afternoon and I looked around me to find everyone sleeping except little ol me. There was no multitasking going on, no work getting done, no appointments being made, no nothing.

Laptops were turned off and tucked away. Newspapers were folded and not to read. Assignments and work papers were out of sight. Phones were turned off and the only sounds now were coming from the train itself. It was even too dark outside to take in the scenery.

I did what anyone else would do in my situation. I turned off my phone, tucked it away and closed my eyes. Buon riposo.

No comments: